Found 1 matching record:
Displaying record number 264
Download this epitope
record as JSON.
- Three individuals with highly focused HIV-specific CTL responses were studied during acute infection using tetramers -- high frequencies of HIV-1-specific CD8+ T cells were found prior to seroconversion, and there was a close temporal relationship between the number of circulating HIV-specific T cells and viral load was also found.
- All three patients were B*2705, with HLA alleles: A1, A30/31, B*2705, B35; A1, A*0301, B7, B2705; and A*0201, A*0301, B2705, B39.
- Tetramers with peptide variants KRWIILGGLNK and KRWIIMGGLNK were used -- CTL from most B27 donors recognize both variants, although one of the three subjects recognized only KRWIILGGLNK.
- ELISPOT was used to test a panel of CTL epitopes that had been defined earlier and were appropriate for the HLA haplotypes of the study subjects -- 3/3 subjects showed a dominant response to the B*2705 epitope KRWIILGGLNK.
- The subject with A*0201 had a moderately strong response to SLYNTVATL.
- Weak responses were observed to A*301-RLRPGGKKK, A*301-QVPLRPMTYK, and B7-TPGPGVRYPL in the subject who was HLA A1, A*0301, B7, B*2705.
- No acute response was detected to the following epitopes: A*201-ILKEPVHGV, A*301-KIRLRPGGK, A*301-AIFQSSMTK, A*301-TVYYGVPVWK, B35-EPIVGAETF, B35-HPDIVIYQY, B35-PPIPVGEIY, B35-NSSKVSQNY, B35-VPLRPMTY, B35-DPNPQEVVL.
J. D. Wilson, G. S. Ogg, R. L. Allen, C. Davis, S. Shaunak, J. Downie, W. Dyer, C. Workman, S. Sullivan, A. J. McMichael, and S. L. Rowland-Jones. Direct Visualization of HIV-1-Specific Cytotoxic T Lymphocytes During Primary Infection. AIDS, 14:225-233, 2000. PubMed ID: 10716497.
Show all entries for this paper.