Found 1 matching record:
Displaying record number 747
- HIV-1 epitope p18 was expressed in two different vaccine vectors and the CTL response was compared in BALB/c mice.
- Class I tetramer staining showed that up to 13% of the CD8+ splenocytes were p18 specific in the acute response using vaccinia, only 4% using Sindbis.
- vp18 had more gamma IFN secreting splenocytes and activated CD4+ and CD8+ T cells.
- The overall decline in CD8+ T cells in the transition into memory was 2-3 fold for both vectors.
- Sindbis virus recombinants induced protective memory cytotoxic T cells, although reduced quantitatively, without vaccinia associated inflammation and replication.
M. C. Villacres and C. C. Bergmann. Enhanced Cytotoxic T Cell Activity in IL-4-Deficient Mice. J. Immunol., 162:2663-2670, 1999. PubMed ID: 10072509.
Show all entries for this paper.