The Human Retroviruses and AIDS 1996 Compendium
On this page you may download a formatted, typeset version of The Human
Retroviruses and AIDS 1996 Compendium or parts thereof. The compendium is formatted in the typesetting language "TeX" and saved as "PDF" (Portable Document Format) files. PDF files retain all the typographical qualities--fonts, tables, illustrations--of the original document and can be viewed and printed by anyone using a freely available copy of Adobe Acrobat viewer. The entire compendium is approximately 700 pages, but you can pick and choose which portions you'd like to download in the table of contents below.
Please select from the following list the parts of the
Human Retroviruses and AIDS 1996 Compendium
you would like to acquire. All files in this section are
Adobe Acrobat pdf files.
The size of each file follows its name.
Introduction, Glossary, and Landmarks of the Genome
PART I. HIV Nucleotide Alignments by Gene
PART II. HIV Protein Alignments by Gene
PART III. Analyses
- HIV-1 Tat: Structure and Function: Kuan-Teh Jeang, pp. III-3 through III-18, (187 kb)
- Structure and Function of HIV-1 Vpu: Klaus Strebel, pp. III-19 through III-27, (459 kb)
- Genetic Subtypes of HIV-1: Thomas Leitner, pp. III-28 through III-40, (111 kb)
- Comparison of HIV-1 Group M and Group O HIV-1: Bette Korber, Ibtissam Loussert-Ajakai, John Blouin, and Sentob Saragosti, pp. III-41 through III-56, (94 kb)
- Retroviral G to A Hypermutation: Simon Wain-Hobson, pp. III-57 through III-63, (60 kb)
- HIV Alignments, Database Searches, and Structure Predictions: Gerald Meyers and Andrew Farmer, pp. III-64 through III-76, (94 kb)
- Structural Studies Involving Different HIV-1 V3 Loops III-202: Paolo Catasti and Goutam Gupta, pp. III-202 through III-205, (60 kb)
- Mutations in Retroviral Genes Associated with Drug Resistance III-206: John W. Mellors, Raymond F. Schinazi, and Brendan A. Larder, pp. III-206 through III-241, (162 kb)
Global Variation in the HIV-1 V3 Region: John C. Blouin, Esther Guzman and Brian T. Foley, pp. III-77 through III-201,
PART IV. Related Sequences
PART V. Communications
You can also download the tar files by each section using the links below.
You will need to extract the related files within a given section using the command: tar -xf file_name
last modified: Wed Dec 16 12:01 2009